When packing, be sure to consider where your items will be located in your new home. To make the unpacking process easier after your move, arrange items in boxes specifically for “kitchen,” “bathroom,” etc. Here are some other items to consider while packing:
- Everyday dishes should be individually wrapped with packing paper before placing into boxes. Figurines, crystal, china and other extremely fragile items should be bubble wrapped individually.
- Use 1.5 cu. ft. boxes for books, dishes, DVDs, breakables, and other small, but heavy items. Your move will be more efficient if you have these items in 20 small boxes rather than 10 larger, heavier boxes. In addition, small boxes reduce damages from excess weight on your fragiles.
- 3.0 cu. ft. boxes should be used to pack clothing and other large, but light items.
- Wardrobe boxes are perfect to move hanging items directly from one closet to another while still on the hangers. They can also be used for shoes, bedding, and miscellaneous light items.
- Mirror/picture cartons protect your glass items such as mirrors, frames, and tabletops. These special cartons can be customized to fit any sized piece.
- All of these items can be purchased and delivered for your move by visiting our Boxes/Supplies page. We also offer full-service packing for a worry-free move.